Last updated: 04/04/2016
DIGITAL Ltd. as the owner of Guideer.com & Guideerapp.com websites & applications (“DIGITAL”, “Guideer”, “Guideer App”, “us,” “our,” or “we”), is committed to your right to privacy
Guideer is not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems.
Description of Service
Guideer provides web & mobile applications which enable users a simple way for service providers to track, manage, dispatch & share their information and tasks. We offer services through our Guideer API (our “Service”), mobile applications (our “App”) and our websites (“Sites”).
CREATING GUIDEER ACCOUNT
INFORMATION COLLECTED & SHARED
Guideer collects certain information from you when you share that information with us or with select third parties, and when you use our App, our Sites and our Service.
Guideer collects information about your location when you use Guideer App. This information can be shared with third parties based on your configurations! Please note that you have to enabled location services on your device, and give the Guideer App permission to access your location, or else Guideer App will not work!
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Sites or App for a period of time.
- Third Party Information: Guideer works directly Third Party Partners to provide our Service. We might collect information about your current or future potential customers or client—including information about past or future tasks —from our Third Party Partners.
- App Information: Guideer collects information about you via our App. This includes your GPS position, choice of language, your phone number, specifications of your smartphone, your activities using the Guideer app the type of browser you are using, your IP address or other unique identifier. We call this information “Guideer App Info.”
* Google: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
* Crashlytics: https://try.crashlytics.com/terms/terms-of-service.pdf
- Certain types of non-personal information is also collected whenever you visit our Sites. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Service, Sites or App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Sites, user our App and or use our Service; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Sites, and the following: access time, browser type, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. We call this information “Sites Visit Information.”
- Guideer collects information from you to provide Services, to alert you to opportunities, and to improve the quality and functioning of our Sites & mobile App. Guideer does not sell or lease the information you share with third-parties, but we do share it under certain circumstances.
Please read this section carefully to learn more about what we do with the information you share with us!
- Guideer may share Personal, App, Analytics, and Sites Visit Information with Service Providers: Guideer may share your Personal, App, Analytics, and Sites Visit Information with certain Third Party Partners to perform the Services, and to other third party vendors, services providers, contractors, or agents that provide certain services to us such as: order processing, customer relationship management, database storage and management, advertising, and direct marketing campaigns.
- Guideer reserves the right to transfer the information we have collected to another company in case Guideer is acquired or sold to another company, either through merger or the transfer of substantially all Guideer’s assets.
- Legal and law enforcement requests: Guideer may also disclose, at its sole discretion, your Personal or Sites Visit Information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request—like a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
Also, Guideer may sell, rent, or share non-personalized, aggregated data derived from its App, Sites, and/or Service with third parties.
Cookies & web beacons
A cookie is a small text file stored on the customer’s hard drive for an extended period of time, which may include a unique identifier that is sent to a user’s browser from a website’s computer and stored on the user’s computer’s hard drive. The website placing the cookie on the user’s computer can then recognize the computer when the user navigates the website at a later time. We use this information to improve your experience. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, some browsers’ settings can be modified to decline cookies or alert you when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your computer. Consult the help manual for your browser for detailed information. If you choose to decline cookies, you may lose some of the functionality associated with the Services or the Guideer websites.
A web beacon is an object embedded in a web page or email, which allows checking that a user has accessed the content without any visible content displayed. Web beacons are embedded on our Sites, Guideer may implement beacons to enhance content management on our Sites and to improve the use and efficiency of our App.
PAYMENT & CARD INFORMATION
Guideer does not collect credit, debit, or other financial data on our App or its Sites, and we never have access to that information. Guideer uses Chargebee https://www.chargebee.com/privacy.html and Authorize.Net http://www.authorize.net/company/privacy/ for credit card processing.
ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES
Guideer may track your activity across multiple websites. When you visit our Sites, we automatically collect the name of the websites you have visited from (called the “referring page”) and the name of the websites you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), and information about other websites you have recently visited. This information is used to improve our Sites, but we cannot identify you from any information we receive from cookies. Guideer does not honor the “Do Not Track” settings available on most browsers. When Guideer’s Sites detects the Do Not Track signal from your browser, it will still collect referring and exit page information and other information when you visit our Sites.
NEWSLETTERS & MARKETING MATERIALS
Guideer may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, about upcoming events or developments with our business, and to inform you about other opportunities. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a Guideer marketing message or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject unsubscribe.
CAN CHILDREN USE GUIDEER’S SITES OR APP?
Our websites and the Services are not directed to children and Guideer does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. If you learn that Guideer has collected any personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com, so we can remove their information from our active systems.
USAGE OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
DIGITAL Ltd. is based in the European Union and our Sites & Services hosted there. If you are visiting our Sites from, or using our App in another country, the laws governing our Sites and App’s collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our Sites, use our App, or use our Services, or otherwise share Personal Information with Guideer, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of Hungary (European Union), and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the European Union.
By visiting Guideer Sites, using or downloading our app, or using any part of our Service, you accept that your data will be secured as described in this Policy.
We take appropriate security measures to protect users’ information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized disclosure, and we have in place reasonable standards of operational security to protect all information provided by visitors from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Despite all efforts to secure your information, Guideer cannot take responsibility or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
Guideer’s solutions are hosted on Linode infrastructure, https://www.linode.com/privacy.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND CONTACT OPTIONS
You are entitled to enquire adjustment or deletion of your stored Personal Data. Furthermore, if you have questions about this Policy or want to know further information or explanation about the data we store about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
Reg. number: 06-09-000341
Csongradi sgt. 83.
Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information registration number: NAIH-97081/2016